Let Limerick Surprise You… The friendliness of the people, the vibrancy of the riverside City, the sporting passion, the history, the rural majesty of County Limerick – come and see it for yourself
Top 20 Things To Do in Limerick
View Full Top 50 Things To Do in Limerick
1. Explore Limerick’s most iconic landmark, King John’s Castle
Visitors of all ages will find something to inspire and excite them at King John’s Castle.
2. See the important collection of art and artefacts at the Hunt Museum
Exhibiting one of Ireland's greatest private collections of art and antiquities, dating from the Neolithic to the 20th Century, including works by Renoir, Picasso and Yeats.
3. Brush up on your rugby knowledge at Thomond Park Stadium
Experience the proud history and heritage of Munster Rugby at Thomond Park Stadium's spectacular interactive museum. or follow in the footsteps of Munster heroes by taking a look behind the scenes at the historic stadium.
4. Visit the absorbing Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum
Housed in the original terminal building in County Limerick, the museum recalls that nostalgic era when Foynes became the centre of the aviation world from 1939 to 1945.
5. Uncover Limerick’s intriguing past at the Limerick Museum
The Limerick Museum's displays illustrate the long and varied history of Limerick City and the surrounding area.
6. Take in a Sporting Event
Did you know that Limerick is often referred to as "Ireland’s Sporting Capital"? The City was awarded the coveted European City of Sport title back in 2011. Make sure to take in a sporting event while you’re here!
7. Check out Limerick’s Legendary Nightlife Scene
Whether it’s a Guinness, a Cosmopolitan or a cold beer, you’ll find plenty of stylish bars, cosy pubs and happening nightclubs in Limerick to suit your tastes.
8. Get on your bike at Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails
These trails are the largest trail network of its kind in Ireland and provide many options for off-road cycling in the mountains.
9. Join in on the Festival Fun!
Limerick puts on a compelling menu of festivals and events each year!
10. Take the Angela’s Ashes Walking Tour
This tour is based on Frank McCourt’s best-selling memoir of his childhood in 1930s Limerick.
11. Learn even more about the Pulitzer Prize winning author of Angela's Ashes
The Frank McCourt Museum is a memorial to one of Limerick's greatest authors.
12. Explore the hidden histories of Neolithic Lough Gur
You will be captivated by the beauty, charm and tranquillity of this ancient place. The visitor centre tells the story of Pre-Celtic Ireland dating back to 3000 BC.
13. Browse around Limerick’s famous Milk Market
Here you’ll discover the very best of fresh, natural produce from great farmhouse cheeses and chutneys, just-caught fish and artisan meats, organic fruit & vegetables, to delicious healthy breads and fresh pressed juices.
14. Visit Limerick’s oldest building still in daily use, the 11th Century St. Mary’s Cathedral
Most noteworthy relics of the past, within the ancient Cathedral, are the ancient altar stone used when Mass was celebrated in the Cathedral and the splendidly carved misericords in the choir.
15. Get some retail therapy!
Check out Limerick’s many colourful independent boutiques and high street stores.
16. Take in a round of golf
Limerick boasts a number of award winning, lush green courses.
17. Get back to nature at one of Limerick's visitor farms
Both kids and adults alike are sure to love Limerick’s Visitor Farms where a huge range of exotic, farm and domestic animals can be seen.
18. Make sure to Catch a Gig when you’re in town!
Limerick is the home town of the world famous Cranberries and home to a foot stomping live music scene.
19. Wander around Munster’s largest Shopping Centre, The Crescent Shopping Centre
The Crescent Shopping Centre is Ireland's biggest and most successful shopping complex outside of Dublin.